Getting Rancho Cucamonga dental implants is one of the best decisions you can make to restore your smile. It offers the looks, feel, and function of natural teeth, and can last for life with proper care. While dental implant surgery is typically a simple process, it pays to understand as much as you can about the procedure.
6 FAQs about Dental Implants
In the hands of an experienced dentist, dental implants can completely transform a broken smile into a picture-perfect one. Get answers to some frequently asked questions about them below:
- What are dental implants?
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. They involve surgically placed titanium screws that function as a tooth root. The screws serve as a base for the crown or the new teeth.
- How is the right candidate determined?
Before recommending dental implants, your dentist in Rancho Cucamonga will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
This treatment may be right for you if you:
- Have missing teeth
- Have a fully matured jawbone
- Are suffering from eating or speech issues due to missing teeth
- Have enough bone density to support a bone graft and the implants
- Have healthy gums
- Don’t have health issues that can hamper the recovery process
- Are committed to the treatment and upholding oral health
- How long will the treatment take?
Treatment time for dental implants highly depends on the patient. On average, dental implant surgery takes up to two phases. For a single tooth implant, the operation can take around two hours on average. This takes longer when there are more teeth for replacement.
The whole treatment, from beginning to complete recovery, can take up to nine months. This varies depending on:
- How many teeth need to be replaced
- How many of the surrounding teeth are affected by the implants
- If you need an extraction before the procedure
- If you need bone grafts before the posts can be screwed into place
- Your overall oral health
- Will the procedure be painful?
Similar to any surgery, you may experience discomfort during the procedure. IV for oral sedation or anesthesia may be used to minimize the pain. Your dentist will also prescribe medications and pain killers to reduce your discomfort after the operation. Finally, following the right recovery plan will ensure that you remain as comfortable and pain-free as possible while the implants heal.
- How long does recovery take?
How long before your implant is fully healed depends on how closely you follow your dentist’s recovery advice. In general, you’ll have to:
- Take prescribed medications
- Avoid sticky and hard foods
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
- Attend all check-ups
- Take care of your general health
- What can I expect from my new dental implants?
With an average of 98% success rates, Rancho Cucamonga dental implants are among the finest options to fix missing teeth. Advantages include:
- Improved speech
- Improved comfort
- No restrictions in terms of food and drinks
- Natural looks
- Long-lasting and durable material
Change Your Life with a Better, Brighter Smile!
Let our dentists help you turn a lackluster smile into a beautiful, healthy one that you’ll be proud to show off! Pacific Dental Smiles Ontario is the leading clinic for dental implants, crowns, teeth whitening, and other dental treatments.
To schedule an appointment with specialists, such as an orthodontic, cosmetic, or pediatric dentist in Ontario, CA, call our office at (909) 988-8666 today!